Who we are
The Humanitarian platform for West Nile is conceived as a mechanism to strengthen the coordination of local and national organizations in response to the humanitarian situation in the Region.
Local and National Actors in West Nile Sub Region, are well coordinated, informed and have the ability to inﬂuence the humanitarian agenda.
- To promote information sharing, learning and knowledge management for better humanitarian preparedness and response.
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of local and national organizations to inﬂuence the humanitarian agenda.
- Strengthen coordination within local and national organizations and enhance engagement with other humanitarian actors.
- To act as a collective voice for local and national organizations to inﬂuence the humanitarian agenda at national, regional and global levels.
- To promote partnerships and collaborations between the platform members and other humanitarian stakeholders.
The platform is combined of several actors from the civil society in West Nile region of Uganda.